Firefan is an app that works with Live events. As a result, some phone settings are important to have the best experience with the app.
Here are some recommended settings:
1. Date & Time settings: As you can image with a live even having the correct time on your phone would be important to the app. Some phones by default do not sync with satellite time and this can cause your phone time to be off by a minute or two.
- For Android go to the phone settings > Date & Time > and turn on Automatic date & time and Automatic Time Zone. It could be called something different depending on the phone but the result is the same that is syncs the phone with the most accurate time.
- For iPhone go into the Phone settings > General > Date & Time > and turn on network time
2. Large Text Settings: Some phones allow you to increase the size of the text on the phone and even increase the size of the icons on the phone. If these are turned on FireFan will appear to be broken as some icons will not fit on the page of the phone, the score might be off, or other things might look funny or off. It is best to turn off large text/icon settings when using firefan.
3. Service/Connection speed: With the game being played during live events it is best to ensure a fast connection speed for a better experience. If possible being on Wifi with a good connection is recommended. If not possible finding a location where your wireless carrier has a strong connection is your best bet.
- A note about Wifi: Having too many people connected to one wifi router will slow down performance of the wifi as each phone will be using bandwidth to play the app. It is recommended if you are throwing a party or large gathering you see your router's recommended settings/connections are for maximum performance. Having those with the strongest carrier service connection stay connected to their carrier will be the solution to a slow wifi with too many people connected at once.